April 26, 2012

A few small projects

I started work on the farm! Even though the weather has been cold and wet, I'm really enjoying my days there and having a lot of fun.

Some of the fields, including some covered rows (the white stuff) of Brassica plants.

I've also started up my first pair of knitted socks, using the beautiful, one of a kind hand-spun, hand-painted Cashmere Sock Party yarn by Art-By-Ana of Smith Falls, Ontario.



Simple ribbed socks in a knit 3 purl 1 pattern.

I'm still carving out chunks of time for learning to sew. My latest foray has been making a three zippered pouches from 2 fat quarters (tutorial here). I find fact that the materials have polka dots and that I can use these as gifts and to organize stuff deeply satisfying!

Good practice for working with zippers!

No comments:

Post a Comment